Consistency in prayer, rehearsal, planning, learning, having chances to lead and fellowship with each other.
We must admit that our “Worship Style”is not our own. We completely stole it…from the Bible.
Psalm 96:1: “Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.”
Ephesians 5:18b-19: “Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord!”
Psalm 150 1:6- “Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!”
No ministry is perfect, but at MFBC, we strive to have song services that are based on the BIBLICAL model of worshipping through song and not solely on our OWN preferences.
There are exciting ways for YOU to get involved in our music ministry:
- Choir is a GREAT place to start. Practices are open to anyone and everyone. No matter your background or experience level, we would LOVE to have you sing with us. We practice from 7:30 to 8:30 pm on Wednesday nights. We sing from sheet music arranged for Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass vocal parts. We will always go over every song we sing and review each vocal part so we can feel comfortable as we worship. Our main focus is simply to worship through singing. The choir sings in the 8:45 & 10:00 Sunday morning sanctuary services as well as special worship events.
- Praise Band is our main instrumental ensemble. It currently consists of acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, piano, keyboard, organ, violin, and drumset although the group is not limited to this instrumentation. Rehearsals for this group are currently Tuesday nights from 6:30 to 7:30 in the sanctuary. This group is auditioned based and is meant for more experienced musicians. The praise band plays in all 3 morning services (8:45 &10:00 in sanctuary) and (11:11 in the gym), although no one is asked to play all 3 servies in one day. We try to have rotations so eveyone gets to play each service through the rotation.
- The Youth Worship Team is an auditioned-based ensemble open to 7th-12th grade students. This group is designed to lead worship for R.U.S.H. worship services. It is an instrumental and vocal ensemble similar to the adult praise team in style.
- Children’s Choir – There is a pre/k choir as well as a 1st-6th grade. The latter is a part of Kids In Action! These groups have a lot of fun learning about worship as a lifestyle and doesn’t spend all of its meeting time with choir. Games, lessons, and other activities fill this time each week. Any child may join in the fun!
- The Worship Technology Team is responsible for the audio/visual media in our worship services. There are a few main responsibilities on this team: Worship Audio (soundboard/recording mix) , Worship Projection (computer powered lyrics and text projected on the screen), and lighting (controlling the house, stage, and spot lighting for programs.) A lack of experience is not a problem, as there will be regular training seminars. Ideally the members of this team are on rotation and are expected to attend Sunday morning run through at 8:00 am and/or Tuesday or Wednesday night practices if possible to check batteries, set up equipment, run sound check, etc.
If anyone is interested in joing ANY of these groups, all you have to do is call Andrew at the church office or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be so excited for you to help us lead worship!